Sunday, January 18, 2009

Grown Up!


I have the blessing (sometimes the curse) of looking like a little child, and I suspect that's the way it will always be. People easily mistake me for a school girl. Sometimes it gets irritating with people being so shocked when I say that I don't go to school or College and that I work and I've been working for five years.

Today I looked to my image reflected in the mirror all dressed up with the Vogue sunglasses and the styled hair. and all I saw was a young girl, pretending to be a grown up. I've always blamed my good genes , I got it from both side of the family. but today i find it necessary to cast the blame on myself. before demanded to be taken seriously I should take myself more serious. I should stop viewing myself, as a Kid, should stop convincing myself that my life haven't started yet. most importantly should stop thinking along the lines "when I grow up I will ....."
I might Look young but I could easily stop feeling so young.
I know in my heart I will never do. I will die thinking that my life hadn't start yet, thinking that when I grow up I will do .... important stuff.

9 comments:

Umslopagas said...

Now is as good a time as any to make that move.

However, you don't strike me as a young person, the way you write indicates a far deeper person than that.

Don't let your mind play games on you now, you're still to learn chess, remember??

The.I.inside said...

You are Absolutely right. but it lately struck me. as much as i babble on and on about change, I don't take any positive steps toward it. starting to think it's a part of being an Arab.
You are the first Person who ever says that I reveal depth. for that I am glad.
O! yeah, I am to learn Chess. we should start that.

Umslopagas said...

Anytime my friend:)

Brownie said...

i love ur feeling of being young coz it gives u the feeling that it is never too late to acheieve the dream....try to look to the positive side :)

batates_777 said...

Hello I ,

what if it is just the opposite ?
you look Older than you really are ? would you hv loved it then ??

Your post just reminded me with smth I once posted in my blog
which I would like to share it with you .

http://batates777.blogspot.com/2008/06/do-women-reveal-their-true-age-or-they.html

The.I.inside said...

I am not sure how would I've felt had it been the other way around. and I looked older than my age. but I guess I would've still said the truth. I refuse to lie, even petty lies. the main word here being I guess.

Tinkerbell said...

tell me about it , I know how it feels..., It's good in a way that you probably would never age ,but it's like you'll always feel that you aren't talking any move toward serious things in life .

The.I.inside said...

Tinkerbell you do really get it, the sense of standing still.

Hassnaa said...

i got a friend just like
she's my best friend
she looks liek a child in every thing
and she's 19
she got the small sizes dressing
:) i mean
no need to blam
eveyr one of us is preety
but in his own way ;)